Age-friendly programmes for groups
Our age-friendly programme uses reminiscence work to enhance wellbeing.
We aim to support older people, carers and organisations working with older people to engage in fun, social experiences using the unique resources of the National Football Museum.
Our exhibitions and extensive collection of football memorabilia brings to life some of English football’s greatest moments, and is a great stimulus for reminiscing and sharing stories.
We offer a programme of free activities for older people, carers and organisations working with older people including:
· Guided Memory Tours of the main exhibition space on Level 1
· Support from museum staff trained in reminiscence work and dementia awareness
· A Memory Trail resource to support group leaders and carers at the museum
· Outreach object handling and reminiscence sessions
· Weekly sporting memories groups
· Reminiscence training sessions for staff
To find out more, complete the online form by clicking HERE