The National Football Museum is committed to lowering its environmental impact to create a sustainable future for everyone, and is one of the first museums in the country to receive an official Carbon Literacy Organisation (CLO) accreditation standard.
Our Carbon Reduction Plan aims to reduce the museum’s direct carbon emissions by 50% by 2025, and contributing to Manchester’s goal to be a zero carbon city by 2038.
There are a number of initiatives in place to reduce our environmental impact. These include:
- Encouraging use of public transport by visitors and colleagues
- Carbon literacy training for colleagues
- Waste recycling
- LED lighting upgrade programme
- Sensor lighting and high tech temperature control systems
- Upcycling exhibition materials into merchandise
- Use of recycled / recyclable exhibition display materials
- Recycled packaging
- Reducing printed leaflets and promoting digital guides
- Membership of GMAST (Greater Manchester Arts Sustainability Team)
If you would like any further information about our Low Carbon Plan, please email email@example.com