The National Football Museum is committed to lowering its environmental impact to create a sustainable future for everyone.
Our Carbon Reduction Plan aims to reduce the museum’s direct carbon emissions by 50% by 2025, and contributing to Manchester’s goal to be a zero carbon city by 2038.
There are a number of initiatives in place to reduce our environmental impact. These include:
- Encouraging use of public transport by visitors and colleagues
- Carbon literacy training for colleagues
- Waste recycling
- LED lighting upgrade programme
- Sensor lighting and high tech temperature control systems
- Upcycling exhibition materials into merchandise
- Use of recycled / recyclable exhibition display materials
- Recycled packaging
- Reducing printed leaflets and promoting digital guides
- Membership of GMAST (Greater Manchester Arts Sustainability Team)
If you would like any further information about our Low Carbon Plan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org