#ThanksToYou: free tours for National Lottery players
14 November 2018
The National Football Museum will be offering a free museum tour to National Lottery players during the week of 3-9 December 2018. We are one of hundreds of participating National Lottery-funded visitor attractions across the UK saying thanks to people who have raised money for good causes by buying a lottery ticket.
The idea is simple: any visitor who presents a National Lottery ticket or scratchcard during this period will receive admission for a 45-minute guided tour of our extensive collection, led by one of our knowledgeable museum assistants.
Since opening in Manchester in 2012, the museum has received £740,700 from the Heritage Lottery Fund. The money has allowed for expansion of its art and women’s football collections and to put on exhibitions around the First World War and the 1966 World Cup.
Ros Kerslake, Chief Executive of the Heritage Lottery Fund, said: “December is a wonderful time to experience the UK’s rich, diverse and exciting heritage, which has been transformed by more than £7.8bn National Lottery funding since 1994. This is a small gesture of thanks and a way of giving something back to the people who buy tickets.”
Tim Desmond, Chief Executive Officer at the National Football Museum said: “National Lottery funding has helped us tell so many of football’s great stories over the years. We’re delighted to be sharing them with National Lottery players this December, shedding more light on the stories behind the game’s treasured objects.”
Terms & Conditions
- One National Lottery ticket provides one free tour for up to one family of six at the National Football Museum.
- The eligible tours run at 10:30am, 12:30pm and 2:30pm from Monday to Friday, and 11am and 3pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- All National Lottery games qualify for the free tour offer (including both National Lottery draw-based games and National Lottery Scratchcards). Proof of purchase of a National Lottery game can be either a hard copy ticket or a digital ticket.
- The offer is valid from Monday 3 to Sunday 9 December 2018. The National Football Museum is open from 10am to 5pm during this period.
- The National Football Museum has the right to refuse entry in the unlikely event of the tour reaching capacity, as well as other circumstances outside of its control.
- Admission for the free tour will be granted when visitors arrive with their National Lottery tickets.
- The promoter is the National Football Museum.
- In the event of queries on the day, the manager’s decision is final.